Saturday 11 August 2012

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) by Jamie McGuire

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover 3/5
Favorite Line - "I knew the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it
wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you."
Favorite Character - Abby

I had this book on my wishlist for ages before i picked it up. I read loads of reviews about it, majority of them good reviews. It was the bad reviews that stopped me from reading it as soon as it came out, a few out them mentioned that Travis was a "total psycho" & to be honest after reading FSoG where the dude is a total psycho (IMO - fucking a look-a-like of your mother is not cool with me), i wasn't really up for that. Then like my entire Goodreads friends read this book & rated it high so i finally caved & got it. I am seriously glad i did.
I really do not think Travis was a psycho, i thought he was emotional & passionate. I personally know a lot of people who have reacted over the top when inlove & fighting with their beloved. I myself once (while drunk i must add) threw a high heel at my husbands (to-be at the time) head when his ex girlfriend kissed him on the cheek & he didn't understand why i was jealous.
I thought that the entire book was realistic (my college year were crazy too). I liked the story-line & the way it played out, I flat-out loved the ending. I really liked the crazy relationship between Abby & Travis, the highs & lows. The emotion between them was smokin' hot. The other characters really added to the story. I loved the book.

I would recommend this book & hope to read more by this author

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment