Saturday 18 August 2012

The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred

The Sweet Gum TreeThe Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover & title - 4/5
Favorite line - “No one should have to go through life with only half a heart,”
Favorite Character - Alix

My emotional kryptonite consist of abuse, rape & babies - guaranteed i will be crying buckets if these are included in a book. This book was a triple threat so I was a total mess. At one point i thought my husband was going to choke me because of it, he was constantly saying "you are crying again!?"
The whole book had me riveted, i could not put it down. The emotion's in this book are so overwhelming. Alix's devotion towards Nick was so beautiful. I was so melancholy for almost the entire second half of the story. I was also enraged, I don't think i have ever felt so strongly towards a book. When the ending came it was mind-blowing, surprise after surprise. I was elated by the way things turned out in the end.
This book was magnificent.

I would recommend this book & I plan on reading more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment