Sunday 23 September 2012

Dark Knight: A Loveswept Romance Classic by Donna Kauffman

Dark Knight: A Loveswept Romance ClassicDark Knight: A Loveswept Romance Classic by Donna Kauffman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 3.5 out of 5.
Favorite Line - "This is insanity" she whispered, hardly aware she'd spoken out loud. "Then lose your mind with me, Scottie"
Favorite Character - Scottie.

I was really surprised to discover this book was in a series, I only figured it out right at the end of the book when a few other couple emerged. If you want to read this book in order check out the authors website where she lists the order of the series. This is book number 4. If you are wanting to read it regardless of the order or are looking for a stand-alone book then no worries, this book will work either way.
I was also surprised to discover that this book was originally published in 1998, i did not notice at all when i was reading that this book is over 14 years old. It is not dated in the slightest. It just goes to show that good writing style is ageless.

I enjoyed the story, i did find it a tad cheesy but it didn't affect how much i liked it. My favorite thing was the verbal & psychical sparring that went on between the leads, it made for great chemistry between them. I also felt that because the book is basically set in one house, with mostly the only two leads in scene that the story was intensely focused. That focus made it more interesting. I was glad the way things work out in the end as i love a happily ever after.

I would recommend this book & plan on reading the rest of the series in the correct order :)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment