Saturday 1 September 2012

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

On Dublin StreetOn Dublin Street by Samantha Young
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 5/5
Favorite line - "wearing a jacket in Scotland when it wasn't below freezing made you stick out as a tourist. No joke." (that is so goddamn true)
Favorite Character - Joss

Oh so wow.
My favorite things about this book -
1. It is set in Scotland (I am Scottish, living in Scotland). I love knowing where some of the places in the book are, having visited some of the places in person really added another dimension to the story for me.
2. The build up & chemistry between Joss & Braden. It was such a sexy build up, everything between them seemed to spark. It was luscious & engaging, I was so excited to read the first sex scene. The way Samantha wrote it made me feel like i was right there with them.
3. I was on the edge of my seat a lot during this book, I crossed my fingers & sighed out loud too. What i am trying to explain is that this book evoked a tonne of emotions. I even cried at one point. The story was really intense.
4. The ending <3 Samantha you are my heroine. I love a happy ending.

I think it is hard to find a book which has sex scenes but isn't lighthearted/corny/over the top. Most books seem to drop the actual grit of the story to have more sex scenes, not this book, this book had grit. The story-line was fantastic, i loved finding out everything about Joss. I loved how the book was written & how the author kept giving me surprises. The book was original, it was full of emotion & it hooked me straight away.

I would recommend this book & I will continue to read more books released by this author.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment