Thursday 25 October 2012

Shades of Temptation by Virna DePaul

Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)Shades of Temptation by Virna DePaul
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Character - Carrie

I was expecting a typical romantic suspense story when i started this book but i was surprised to find out it was more than that.
Carrie has a pretty upsetting back-story because of this she is tangled up in her emotions and has a mistrust of men. She is a kick-ass protagonist, sharp shooter & has a sassy mouth - she is very likable. Jase is a player & certainly liked to sow his oats in the past, thankfully when Carrie & him get together he leaves his playboy behavior in the past. The pair have a chemistry between them which is apparent from the outset of the book, the tension & chemistry builds between them as the book goes on. When they do finally hook up it isn't just about the sex but about trust & emotion, it is a really nice scene. The other sex scenes are certainly hotter but the first was my favorite.
I was happy with the amount of suspense the book contained & i was satisfied with the crime element of the book. I liked the ended & was glad everything worked out alright in the end.

I would recommend this book & I plan on reading more by this author in the future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment